PRIVACY - HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We process personal information for legitimate business purposes and this policy explains when, why and how we do it, the conditions under which we may disclose personal information to others and how we keep it secure.
Who are we?
Meeting Place Communications (MPC) is a communications agency working with clients across a range of sectors, including residential, retail and energy, as well as landowners and universities. We work with clients to actively engage with local communities, stakeholders, politicians and the media.
The information we collect can include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your email address
- Social media handles
- Any additional information you choose to provide
How information about you will be used
We may use your information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Provide postal and email communications which we think will be of interest to you. These may include e-shots, details about upcoming events, promotions and campaigns.
- Seek you views or comments on the services we provide.
How do we keep your data safe?
- By storing your data on a secure database which can only be accessed by appropriately trained staff.
- By keeping your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary.
- By removing your personal data from our database and erasing it from our records if you request it.
Will anyone else get to see your information?
MPC will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
What rights do you have over the information we hold on you?
At any point while we are in possession of your information you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information we hold on you.
- Rectify any information which we may hold which is incorrect or inaccurate.
- Ask for the information we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Where certain conditions apply, you have the right to limit the type of information we are processing about you.
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- In the event that MPC refuses your request to access the information we hold on you, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal information?
We process your personal information for legitimate business purposes. This means the interests of our company in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/products in the most secure way. We will always ensure that we keep your personal data rights in high regard and take account of these rights.
What if your data is to be used for something other than what we have already covered here?
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this and how to opt in.
What if you change your mind about receiving communications from us?
If you have concerns about the processing of your personal information or you no longer wish to receive any communications from us, you have the right to object at any time. To do so please click here (insert Mailchimp link)